Click The Pages To Exlore:

Visionary:

POETRY ART: NOT FORCED, NOT CAJOLED, NOT MADE TO JUST BE, BUT ALLOWED TO FLOW......


PHOTOGRAPHY ART: IN MOTION, NOT POSED, NOT SHAPED, NOT MADE TO DO, IT JUST IS.......


Saturday 24 January 2009

Nite Life:


Lying here in the darkness
as the rain falls upon my window pane
drawing images in my mind
of afore and now
remembering how I liked to walk
in the dark cold nights
amongst the still of all life
as fresh cold droplets
of Angels tears
fall upon me so
as if self cleansing
touching feeling all that is
noting the moments
that have created made this life so
pulling my coat up around me tighter
watching as neon lights
flash in puddles afore me
reds and greens like beckoning signs
walk on further stop and look walk more
like life as if hesitant
pauses long and stillful
allowing you too see beyond
the hazy rains spectrum
I have been out here many a night
lost and searching for someone
something so to light my world
bring me out of the darkness
and into the golden light
that is this life so
within us all
faltered and restless I have surely been
sat upon benches left
to sit remotely
watching the world go on by
the tree single sits in obtuse stance
waving to those that see
its vast canopy
offering little shelter
in the long cold dank night so
coffee shops long closed
vendors home sleeping
hunting foxes slope off down darkened alleys
as the cat treats me with disdain
as if I am not part of this sketch
whilst garbage trucks tend to the city's waste
ladies of the night and drunks roll past me so
having made their ways
through the journey of their self lives
a gentle song rolls past me
carried on a stiffening breeze
uttered by someone
on their way home to their loved ones
lovers stand in a door way
her giggle heard
as they kiss and cuddle
whilst I become a marauder of the city so
crossing slick wet roads
past sitting taxis
as if hoping for a late night rush
policeman pass me by
offering stares of discontentment
as if I were a night crawler
but quickly dismiss me as a walker
in the nights city play
me a character secondary
to the life beyond me
up in the distance
sirens wail somebodies going to jail
whilst the priests watch on
begging for forgiveness
to those lost and cold
in this bleak unsheltered world
that draws and sucks from you so
the life that leaves no remark
no comment
except to say
welcome to the nite life
of those that never find
sleep



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flow of contrasts in this piece is incredible..i love it! You have yet again produced an amazing piece of work. Lainey

Melech said...

For reasons of me own, I av totally identified wiv this great piece of work. I read it several times, and each time, it evokes many, many memories.
All I can say is: "Thank you for sharing with us"

Regards,
Melech

Anonymous said...

The substance of a good poem is the abiity to engulf the reader making him or her read it over and over always deriving new meaning. This is absolutely remarkable Angelus. Ive never enjoyed a poem so much. Your ability to grasp the concepts therein is amazing. This was absolutely beautiful.