Click The Pages To Exlore:

Visionary:

POETRY ART: NOT FORCED, NOT CAJOLED, NOT MADE TO JUST BE, BUT ALLOWED TO FLOW......


PHOTOGRAPHY ART: IN MOTION, NOT POSED, NOT SHAPED, NOT MADE TO DO, IT JUST IS.......


Sunday 2 May 2010

A Tale Of Age 4:


With God Queen and country at my side
I struck the first blow
he blocked and struck back
his mighty heavy sword swinging
catching my shoulder
my breath hard to pull 
into my already tired lungs
he still kept coming
like that of a bull enraged
the fire in his eyes burnt strongly
his armour clouded by the mud and blood
of the bitter battle afore
my sword I did swing at his midriff
but glancing only the metal armour
his laughter echoed through my mind
as his sword struck my side
cleaving me open
the warm blood warming my leg
thinking it was my last
as he stood ready sword raised
to strike his final blow
my final acrument was to strike up
towards the gap in his chest plate
the sword struck home
and his face turned from glee
to fear and horror
his knees he did fall
and to the heavens he looked
uttering in his tongue
his final prayer
afore me he fell and at once a horn sounded
the battle had ended
the war won
and the attackers driven back
we had protected preserved 
this great land
and I though wounded
had served my Queen
though like my counter part
to have died there
would have been
just as honourable
as he surely was
brave to the end


Prologue

we live in a free world
we have a freedom to express
speak and utter
we have fought for this / these land/s
and many have bled and died
did we do we forget
?

~X~

1 comment:

Doreen McGettigan said...

Your blog is absolutely beautiful!
And I think many have forgotten or do not even realize how many have died so they can speak freely!